The following Rules and Regulations are for the protection and benefit
of all members and their guests. These rules have been established to
ensure safe and sanitary operation of the pool facilities. Parents are
responsible for their children under the age of 18. Club rules will be
strictly enforced by the club manager, staff and Sheridan Board. The
club manager and staff have the right to remove or suspend any
person(s) at any time.
- Pool and facility use will be restricted to club members in good
standing and their guests.
- Pool Hours vary by season. Check the website, Social Media or
contact the club office.
- The outdoor pools open Memorial Day Weekend. The indoor
pool is open all year during regular club hours.
- Members should avoid distracting lifeguards on duty by
- Loitering in the snack bar, breezeway, welcome desk or locker
rooms is prohibited.
- Each membership card is to be used only by the person whose
name it was issued to. Any member who allows another person to
use his, her or a third party’s membership to gain entry to the pool
grounds will be subject to suspension of privileges.
- Use of the Training Pool is limited to children 10 and under.
- Guarded pool- Is a pool with a certified lifeguard employed by
Sheridan Swim Club. Must be 14 years of age or older to swim in
a guarded pool without a parent or guardian.
- Non Guarded pool- Must be 18 years of age to swim. If under the
age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Must be 14 years of age or older to use the fitness room. Parents
are responsible for anyone under the age of 18.
Rules of Conduct:
- Members are expected to drive slowly and carefully on Swim Club
property. No faster than 5 miles per hour.
- Parking is permitted in the Club parking lot or in the grassy area
west and south of the outdoor pools.
- Personal property left on pool premises after pool closing in
September will become property of the Club and will be disposed
of or donated.
- No smoking or vaping is permitted in the club or within 15ft of
- Use of audio or visual recording devices, including a cell phone
camera, are not allowed in changing areas, rest rooms or locker
- Each family member will be entitled to guest passes, which can be
purchased for $10.00 from the front desk. A member may
purchase a booklet of 10 passes for $75.00.
- A guest MUST be accompanied by a member 14 years of age or
- A guest may use the club facility unlimited times per year if
purchasing a guest pass and accompanied by a member.
- A guest must be registered at the front desk (with the proper
amount of valid guest passes) upon entering the pool. Any guest
found entering without passes or registering at the desk will be
asked to leave and the associated member will be disciplined.
- Management reserves the right to deny any guest at any time.
- Full-time babysitters (1 per family) may accompany children as a
guardian in place of their parents or legal guardian when the
parents are unable to accompany their children. The member
must register the full-time babysitter with the club on their
membership application. If the babysitter comes with the member,
they are treated as a guest.
Health and Safety:
- The lifeguards are responsible for enforcing club rules and
regulations and making sure all aquatic areas are safe.
- There will be a 10-minute guard break/adult swim every hour for
the outdoor pools. Only swimmers aged 18 years and older will
be allowed in the pools during guard break.
- IL State Law PROHIBITS food in the pools and on deck
surrounding pools. Food is permitted in the shelters separate from
the pool deck.
- IL State Law PROHIBITS glassware on the pool deck.
- No person under the age of 18 may enter an unguarded pool(s)
without Adult Supervision.
- Swim Team minors must be accompanied by a parent or coach.
- Admission to the pool may be refused to anyone with a cold,
cough, inflamed eyes, infectious, wearing bandages or with open
wounds or rashes.
- No pets will be allowed on Club property.
- No running, pushing, wrestling, or causing undue disturbances in
or about the pool or club property will be permitted.
- No skateboards, scooters, roller blades, bicycles, etc. permitted
on pool grounds.
- All floating devices such as inflated tubes, water wings, etc. or
underwater masks or snorkels are prohibited on the diving boards.
In the Training Pool inflatables will be permitted at the discretion
of the manager or lifeguard on duty.
- No rigid plastic or metal toys will be allowed in the pools. No
children’s toys having any dimension under 5 inches nor any child’s
toy having removable parts under 5 inches shall be allowed in the
- Swimmers must not stand or sit on lane lines.
- The pool deck and all grass areas must be cleared immediately
during a thunderstorm, tornado or other hazardous conditions as
determined by the pool manager, desk staff or head lifeguard.
- Any person using the pool must wear normal bathing attire. No
blue jeans, overalls, cutoffs, ragged shorts or thong bathing suits
will be permitted.
- Infants must wear bathing suits and swim diapers while in the
- No foul or offensive language will be permitted.
- Rafts are permitted only in the 50-meter pool.
- All accidents must be reported to the manager and/or
- Diving is permitted in the 12ft. diving area only.
- Only one person is permitted on the diving unit at any time.
- Divers shall not dive until the previous diver has cleared the area
below the board and have made it to the ladder.
- Excessive bouncing on the board is prohibited. One bounce only.
- Making running dives from the deck area is prohibited.
- No backwards dives or jumping off the diving board backwards
will be permitted.
- Toys and goggles are not permitted on diving boards and diving
- Diving from the sides of the board is not permitted.
- Diving from the sides of the 12ft. diving area is not permitted.
- There shall be no retrieval of objects from the bottom of the
diving well unless authorised by the lifeguard on duty when the
diving well is not in use.
Notes from the Board of Directors
- Parents are responsible for anyone under the age of 18.
- The club will not be responsible for loss or damage to personal
property left at the pool.
- All suggestions, comments or concerns must be in writing, signed
and delivered to the Board of Directors, 3915 South 24th Street,
Quincy, IL 62305. Emails will be accepted at
- The manager, lifeguards, desk staff and attendants, during pool
hours are in full charge and obligated to enforce all rules and
regulations. Any infraction may result in suspension up to five days
by the manager or assistant. The Board of Directors reserves the
right for further action.
- Any problems or criticisms concerning the managers of the club
must be in written form and sent to the Board of Directors.
- These rules may be revised at any time by the Board of Directors.
- There will be one meeting per year of the General Membership.
Members are strongly encouraged to attend these meetings.
Policy Regarding Unscheduled Closing of Pools:
The manager will under the following conditions, close the pool use for
the following reasons:
- If storm conditions create a clearing of the pools, and there is no
sign of weather clearing.
- If a situation arises that would jeopardise the health or safety of
members and/or guests.
- If air or water temperatures are too low.
- When thunder or lightning is seen or heard all pools and decks
must be cleared for 30 minutes in accordance with IL State Law.
General Guidelines and Information for Parties and Shelter House
- If you are interested in a Scout or Church party, reservations must
be made at the Welcome Desk. There is a charge for
non-members that will be in attendance. Please adhere to the
two-hour limit, so others can also enjoy the club.
- Day time parties are a reservation fee of $75.00 for members and
$200.00 for non-members for a two-hour period up to 25 guests.
For any additional hour(s) requested there will be an additional fee
of $20.00 per hour. If more guests are coming an additional
lifeguard will be needed and extra fees will apply.
- Please note that during winter hours there may be more than one
party in the club house at a time.
- By signing the Membership Application, you have agreed to
maintain a 12-month consecutive membership with Sheridan Swim
Club and agree to all rules and regulations. If your membership
with Sheridan Swim Club is terminated for any reason up to the
365th day of your agreement, you agree to compensate Sheridan
Swim Club the full promised amount of the annual membership
price. In the event an attorney and/or collector are employed to
enforce the terms of this agreement, you agree to reimburse
Sheridan Swim Club for attorney and/or collector fees incurred.
Member Instalment Plan:
- New or Existing members of Sheridan Swim Club may pay the
following year’s dues on a monthly instalment plan. If there is any
increase in dues, you will be invoiced for the remaining amount.
Payments by either Visa or Mastercard may have an administrative
fee added. This fee will be disclosed if assessed. All members are
required to sign a 12-month membership contract.