Sheridan Swim Club Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations are for the protection and benefit of all members and their guests. These rules have been established to insure safe and sanitary operation of the pool facilities. Parents are requested to caution their children to observe and obey all rules and instructions of the club manager and other employees. These rules will be strictly enforced with a warning being placed in the members file for the first offense and a suspension for any subsequent violation of the rules and regulations stated in this document or posted at Sheridan Swim Club.
1. Pool use will be restricted to club members in good standing and their guests.
2. Pool Hours Vary by season. Check to website or Club office.
- a. The outdoor pools open Memorial Day Weekend.
- b. The indoor pool is open all year during regular club hours.
- c. The pools will be closed when necessary for maintenance, also at the discretion of the pool manager.
3. Member Classifications and Privileges
- a. Each membership card is to be used only by the person whose name it was issued to. Any member who allows another person to use his or her membership card to gain entry to the pool grounds will be subject to suspension or privileges.
- b. Children under 13 years of age must be accompanied by a person 14 years or older who is a qualified swimmer.
- c. Any child under 10 left at the pool in the care of a responsible person who is not a member of the child’s own family must be reported to the office. Office personnel will then file that child’s name with the person attending them.
- d. After 6 pm Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a person 18 yrs. old or older.
- e. Use of the Training Pool is limited to children 8 and under. Any child using the Training Pool must be supervised by a responsible person, 14 or older.
4. Rules of Conduct
- a. Members are expected to drive slowly and carefully on swim club property. No faster than 5 miles per hour.
- b. Parking is permitted in the Club parking lot or in the grassy area west and south of the outdoor pools.
- c. Personal property left on pool premises after closing in September will become property of the Club and will be disposed of.
- d. No smoking is permitted in the club or within the fenced areas.
- a. Each family member will be entitled to guest passes, which can be purchased for $7.00 from the front desk. A member may purchase a booklet of 10 passes for $50.00.
- b. A guest MUST be accompanied by a member 14 years of age or older.
- c. A guest may use the club facility 4 times per calendar year.
- d. Members between the ages of 14 and 18 are limited to two guest per day.
- e. Members over the age of 18 are allowed up to five guest per day.
- f. A guest must be registered at the front desk (with the proper amount of valid guest passes) upon entering the pool. Any guest found entering without passes will be asked to leave and the associated member will be suspended.
- g. No One Will be admitted without guest passes at any time.
- h. Six or more guests must be approved by the manager. All guests must be accompanied by a member.
- i. Management reserves the right to deny any guest at any time.
- j. Special rates for out-of-town house guests are for one week period. Singles $25 and families $45. House guest privileges will be limited to a two week period per guest of visiting family unless exceptions are made through management or the Club Board of Directors.
- k. Full time babysitters (1 per family) may accompany children free of charge, when parents are unable to attend. The member must register the full-time babysitter with the club and include the sitter’s information on the membership application. If the babysitter comes with the member, they are treated as a guest and a guest pass must be purchased.
6. Health and Safety
- a. The lifeguards are in charge of making sure the pools and deck are safe. They are responsible for enforcing club rules.
- b. There will be a 10 minute guard break every hour for the outdoor pools. Only swimmers age 18 years and older will be allowed in the pools during guard break. Children 2 and under, accompanied by an adult may also enter pools during guard break.
- c. Adult supervision is required for all children under 13 years old.
- d. IL State Law PROHIBITS food in the pools and on deck surrounding pools. Food is permitted in the shelters separate from the pool deck.
- e. IL State Law PROHIBITS glassware on the pool deck.
- f. No person under the age of 18 may enter the outdoor pools without a lifeguard on duty.
- g. Smoking will not be permitted in the club, pool or on the concrete apron surrounding the pools.
- h. Admission to the pool may be refused to anyone with a cold, cough, inflamed eyes, infectious, wearing bandages or with open wounds or rashes.
- i. No pets will be allowed on Club property.
- j. No glass containers of any kind will be permitted on Club property. Cans and plastic containers are acceptable.
- k. No running, pushing, wrestling, or causing undue disturbances in or about the pool or club property will be permitted.
- l. No skateboards, scooters, roller blades, bicycles, etc. permitted on pool grounds.
- m. All floating devices such as inflated tubes, water wings, etc. or under water masks or snorkels are Prohibited on the diving boards. In the Training Pool inflatables will be permitted at the discretion of the manager or lifeguard on duty.
- n. No rigid plastic or metal toys will be allowed in the pools. No children’s toys having any dimension under 5 inches nor any child’s toy having removable parts under 5 inches shall be allowed in the pools.
- o. Swimmers must not stand or sit on the pools ropes, steps or sides of the pool.
- p. The pool and all grass areas must be cleared immediately during a thunderstorm or other hazardous conditions as determined by the pool manager, assistant or head lifeguard.
- q. Any person using the pool must wear normal bathing attire. No blue jeans, overalls, cutoffs, ragged shorts or thong bathing suits will be permitted.
- r. Infants must wear bathing suits and Swimmies (diapers) while in the pools.
- s. No foul or offensive language will be permitted.
- t. Rafts are permitted only in the 50 meter pool.
7. Diving Regulations
- a. Diving is permitted in the 12ft. diving area only.
- b. Only one person is permitted on the diving unit at any time.
- c. Divers shall not dive until the previous diver has cleared the area below the board.
- d. Diving from the sides of the board are not permitted.
- e. Excessive bouncing on the board is prohibited. One bounce only.
- f. Making running dives from the deck area is prohibited.
- g. No backwards dives or jumping off the diving board backwards will be permitted.
- h. There shall be no retrieving of objects from the bottom of the diving well unless authorized by the lifeguard on duty.
- a. All accidents must be reported to the manager and/or lifeguard.
- b. The club will not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property left at the pool.
- c. All suggestions, comments or concerns must be in writing, signed and delivered to the Board of Trustees, 3915 South 24th Street, Quincy, IL 62305. Emails will be accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- d. The pool manager and attendants, during pool hours are in full charge and obligated to enforce all rules and regulations. Any infraction may result in suspension up to five days by the manager or assistant. The Board Of Trustees reserves the right for further action.
- e. Any problems or criticisms concerning the Managers of the club must be in written form and sent to the Board of Trustees.
- f. Members should avoid distracting lifeguards on duty by unnecessary conversation.
- g. Loitering in the snack bar, breezeway, office window or locker rooms is prohibited.
- h. These rules may be revised at any time by the Board of Trustees.
- i. There will be one meeting per year of the General Membership. Members area strongly encouraged to attend these meetings.
9. Policy Regarding Unscheduled Closing of Pools
The manager will under the following conditions, close the pool use for the following reasons:
- a. If storm conditions create a clearing of the pools, and there is no sign of weather clearing.
- b. If a situation arises that would jeopardize the health or safety of members and/or guests.
- c. If air temperatures are too low.
- d. When thunder or lightning is seen or heard all pools and decks must be cleared for 30 minutes in accordance with IL State Law.
10. General Guidelines and Information for Parties and Shelter House Reservations
If you are interested in a barbeque, family reunion, birthday, scout or church party, reservations must be made at the front desk. There is a $40 rental charge along with any non-member guest charge of those who will be swimming. Please adhere to the two hour limit, so others can enjoy the club also. Please note that during winter hours there may be more than one party in the club house at a time. There will be an extra charge for extra lifeguards needed for parties of 15 or more.
11. Private Parties after hours
Evening parties or after hours parties can be scheduled from 8 pm to midnight for an additional charge. Please contact the office for pricing and availability.
12. Membership Agreement –
By signing the Membership Application you have agreed to maintain a 12 month consecutive membership with Sheridan Swim Club. If your membership with Sheridan Swim Club is terminated for any reason up to the 365th day of your agreement, you agree to compensate Sheridan Swim Club the full promised amount of the annual membership price. In the event an attorney and/or collector are employed to enforce the terms of this agreement, you agree to reimburse Sheridan Swim Club for attorney and/or collector fees incurred.
Member Installment Plan
New or Existing members of Sheridan Swim Club may pay the following years dues on a monthly installment plan. If there is any increase in dues, you will be invoiced for the remaining amount. Payments by either Visa or Master Card may have an administrative fee added. This fee will be disclosed if assessed. All members are required to sign a 12 month membership contract.