The following Policies and Guidelines are for the protection and benefit of all members and their guests. Parents are requested to caution their children to observe and obey all rules and instructions of the club manager and other employees.
Please see Rules and Regulations, By-Laws and Constitution for all guidelines not highlighted in this section.
- The Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing club rules and regulations and making sure all aquatic areas are safe.
- There will be a 10-minute guard break every hour for the outdoor pools – only swimmers age 18 & over is allowed in the pools during break time. Children 2 & under accompanied by an adult may also enter during break time.
- No person under the age of 18 may enter the outdoor pool(s) without Adult Supervision. Swim Team minors must be accompanied by parent or coach.
- Adult supervision is required for all children under the age of 14 on club property.
- Full-time babysitters (1 per family) may accompany children in place of parent when the parents are unable to accompany their children. The member must register the full-time babysitter with the club on their membership application. If the babysitter comes with the member, they are treated as a guest.
- The IL State Law PROHIBITS food on the pool deck. Food is permitted in the shelters separate from the pool deck
- The IL State Law PROHIBITS glassware on the pool deck. We do not allow glassware on the property.
- The training pool is for children 8 and under.
- Lockers are available for $35.00 per year
- Rafts and large floats are permitted only in the 50-meter pool only.
Policies Regarding Guests
- All guests must be accompanied by an active member.
- All members and their guest are required to check-in upon arrival.
- Guest fees are $7.00 per day (children 2 and under – free).
- A member may purchase a booklet of 10 passes for $50.00.
- A guest MUST be accompanied by a member 14 years of age or older.
- A guest may use the club facility unlimited times per year if purchasing a guest pass and accompanied by host member.
- Members between the ages of 14 and 18 are limited to two guest per day.
- Members over the age of 18 are allowed up to five guest per day.
- A guest must be registered at the front desk (with the proper amount of valid guest passes) upon entering the property. Any guest found entering without passes will be asked to leave and the associated member will be suspended.
- No Non-Member be admitted without guest passes at any time.
- Management reserves the right to deny any guest at any time.
Policy Regarding Unscheduled Closing of Pools
The manger will, under the following conditions, close the outdoor (or all) pools for the following reasons:
- If storm conditions create a clearing of the pools, and there is no sign of weather clearing.
- If a situation arises that would jeopardize the health or safety of people.
- If the air or water temperature is too low.
- When thunder or lightning is seen or heard, all pools and decks will be cleared for 30 minutes of last instance in accordance with State Law.
General Guidelines and Information for Parties
If you are interested in a Scout or Church party, reservations must be made at the Welcome Desk. There is a charge is for non-members that will be in attendance. Please adhere to the two-hour limit, so others can also enjoy the club.
For all other parties
Day time parties are a reservation fee of $50.00 for members and $70.00 for non-members. $5.00 per non-member for a two-hour period up to 25 guests. For any additional hour(s) requested there will an additional fee of $20.00 per hour. If more guests are coming an additional lifeguard will be needed and extra fees will apply.
Group / Party Reservations
Host your next event at Sheridan Swim Club. This service allows you to reserve
your choice of the indoor pool, the outdoor shelter house or the upper deck shelter house.
Included in the rental fee is a two-hour time slot for up to 25 swimmers and a lifeguard for the full two hours.
Members $50.00 to reserve. Non-Members $70.00 to reserve. If paid in advance a $10.00 discount will be applied. Pay in person at Sheridan, call in with your credit card number, or mail a check.
Non-member guests attending the party will incur a $5.00 fee per person.
Additional fees for more than 25 swimmers and extra hour(s) may be applied
Winter hours will only allow reservations to the indoor pool only.
Call us at 1-217-224-1051 or use the form below. Reservation times are not guaranteed until verified in person or over the phone.