- The Lifeguards are in charge of making sure the pools and areas are safe at all times. They are in charge at all times.
- There will be a 10 minute guard break every hour for the outdoor pools – only swimmers age 18 & over are allowed in the pools during break time. Children 2 & under accompanied by an adult may also enter during break time.
- Adult supervision is required for all children under the age of 13.
- Full-time babysitters (1 per family) may accompany children at Sheridan free of charge, when the parents are unable to accompany their children. The member must register the full-time babysitter with the club secretary or manager on their membership application. If the babysitter comes with the member, they are treated as a guest.
- THE STATE LAW prohibits food in the pool area (deck).
- THE STATE LAW prohibits glassware on the pool deck.
- DO NOT enter the outdoor pool(s) unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- The training pool is for children 8 and under.
- Lockers are available for $35.00 per year
- Rafts are permitted only in the 50 meter pool.
Policies Regarding Guests
- All members and their guest are required to register upon arrival.
- Guest fees are $7.00 per day (children 2 and under – free).
- A member may purchase a booklet of 10 passes for $50.00.
- All guest passes purchased that year will expire December 31.
- All guests must be accompanied by an active member.
- House guests are defined by people or families who reside outside of Adams county.
- Special rates for out-of-town house guests are for one week period. Singles $25 and families $45. House guest privileges will be limited to a two week period per guest of visiting family unless exceptions are made through management or the Club Board of Directors.
- A guest may use the club facility 4 times per calendar year.
Policy Regarding Unscheduled Closing of Pools
The manger will, under the following conditions, close the outdoor pool for the following reasons:
- If storm conditions create a clearing of the pools, and there is no sign of weather clearing.
- If a situation arises that would jeopardize the health or safety of people.
- If the air temperature is too low.
- When thunder or lightning is seen or heard the outdoor pool and deck will be cleared for 15 minutes in accordance with state law.
General Guidelines and Information for Parties
If you are interested in a barbecue, family reunion, birthday, Scout or church party, reservations must be made at the office. The only charge is for non-members that will be in attendance. Please adhere to the two-hour limit, so others can also enjoy the club.
Day time parties are $6.00 per person plus a $25.00 fee for a two hour period. For any additional hour requested there will an additional fee of $1.00 per person per hour.
Private Parties after hours
Evening parties, such as class reunions, birthday parties that are scheduled from 8:00 p.m. to midnight. Please contact the office for applicable fees.